Veterans' Benefits

We honor our veterans; the parents, siblings, husbands and wives, friends and neighbors who have served our country so well. If your loved one is an American veteran who has passed away, you can contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs at (800) 827-1000 or your VA regional office to apply for Veterans’ Benefit services. We will help you in any way we can. Benefits may include burial allowances, burial flags, burial in a national cemetery, headstones and markers, and Presidential Memorial Certificates.

Veterans who have been honorably discharged or separated from active duty under conditions other than dishonorable and have completed the required period of service are eligible, as well as U.S. Armed Forces members who died on active duty. Also eligible for benefits are spouses and dependent children of eligible living and deceased veterans and of current and deceased armed forces members.

Veterans’ benefits are not paid automatically and it is your responsibility to contact the Veterans Association to apply. For this, we advise you to have ready the following documents;

  • Social Security number for yourself and your dependent children
  • Certified copy of original DD124 (Enlisted Record and Report of Separation)
  • Certified copy of Death Certificate
  • Verification of the life insurance amount you will receive as a result of the veterans death
  • Paid receipts for hospital and doctor bills incurred by last illness, if applicable
  • Paid receipts for funeral and cemetery expenses
  • If either yourself or the veteran was previously married, provide a certified copy of the original divorce decree or death certificate proving the previous marriage was dissolved by divorce or death
  • If there are dependent children, you will need an original birth certificate for each child under 18 or over 18 if full-time student
  • If over 18 and still in school, you will need to fill out VA Form 21-674
  • If you or the veteran receives Social Security Benefits, the exact amount must be reported
  • If you already have a VA claim number, you must furnish the claim number you have been assigned
  • If you or the veteran receives additional income, the source and exact amount must be reported

For information regarding the status of an application, you may call the Director, Office of Memorial Programs (403B3) at (800)697-6947.